Friday, May 18, 2012

Morro Bay, CA (April 12-15, 2012)

A Little Camping We Go
(Morro Bay State Park)

Our Campsite at Sunset

     I am a little behind in posting to my blog due to many reasons but this is the start of me getting caught up.  In April the gang from high school went on our 3rd annual trip to Morro Bay.  This trip happens anywhere from the middle of March to the middle of April.  It is one of the events of the year Ashley (my fiance') and I really look forward to, not only because I get to see the guys from high school but because Morro Bay is such a beautiful place to visit and Ashley and I just love the ocean and the outdoors.  Unfortunately, this year Ashley was unable to go with me on the trip.  

 Montana de Oro Mountains

     This years trip started out with a bad weather forecast of rain for the whole weekend which would of been a first for this trip.  The first year we had some sprinkling the first night but nothing after that and the second year we had awesome weather the whole trip.  On the way up it began to rain and pour, off and on, once we hit the Santa Barbara area.  To say the least that was just the beginning of the fun we were going to have that first night.  Once we got to the campground we hit a break in the weather where we were able to put up our tents and unpack everything without getting wet.  Everything was going good with a drizzle here and there until we went to bed.  At about 4 a.m. a "monsoon" hit our campground and woke me up.  It was cool, crazy, and scary all at the same time.  The wind was howling, my tent was shaking violently, and it was pouring rain so hard that branches from the trees in our campsite were coming down.  Not to mention the thunder was deafening and the lightning lite up the whole sky.  All I tried to do was keep all my stuff away from the walls of the tent so water didn't leak in.  I also tried to just sit there and enjoy mother nature while also not thinking about how badly I had to go to the bathroom right at that moment when I was woke up.

Morro Rock

     The next few days were spent catching up and reliving the gold old days around the campfire.  On the last full day of the trip before we headed back home I went on a little hike and found a couple viewpoints of Morro Rock and played around with framing the rock with it's surrounding scenery.  I also came across some other spots that I will definitely have to revisit when I have more time to observe wildlife and different lighting.   

Morro Rock

     If you are ever up in the Central California coastal area definitely stop by the fishing town and see what it has to offer you.  More images from this weekend can be found in my smugmug gallery Morro Bay, CA in the photoblog catagory.

No comments:

Post a Comment