Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Los Angeles Zoo, Los Angeles, CA (May 21, 2012)

Goin' On A Lion Hunt

African Lioness

     On Monday, I went to one of my favorite types of places to visit and photograph, a zoo.  I have been to this zoo, the Los Angeles Zoo many times and have my must see exhibits that I visit every time I go there.  Some of these exhibits are the gorillas, the lions, the chimps, and especially the sumatran tigers.  The tigers are my favorite to photograph cause they are almost always active when I visit and seem to play with all the enrichment that is in there enclosure like their waterfall, little stream, pool, and toys.  

 Sumatran Tiger

     On this trip to the zoo I went with my Mother-In-Law whom hadn't been to the L.A. Zoo since she was a teenager and my Brother-In-Law whom had never been until monday even though they live within an hour of the zoo.  It was a pretty nice day at the because it wasn't too crowded, quite a few of the animals were out and active and so was the sun.  It was also my first time seeing the two new exhibits the zoo has opened with in the last couple of years, the revamped elephant exhibit and the new reptile house.

Giant River Otter

     One "treat" we got to experience while at the zoo was the viewing of three giant river otter pups being feed by the zoo staff in the nursery.  We also got to see two sumatran tiger cubs (one pictured above) playing with one of their parents in the tiger enclosure.  More images from my day at the zoo are in the Los Angeles Zoo May 2012 gallery on my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment