Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Huntington Beach Pier, Huntington Beach, CA (Jan 24, 2012)

Huntington Beach Pier
(Really, it is 70 and sunny in the winter here!!!!)


     This weekend while skimming through my Facebook page I saw a post by OrangeCounty.com about the recent surf we have had and were going to have this next week.  The post showed images of that mornings surf and talked about how there were going to be 3 swells back to back this week.  I checked out a few of the reports for Tuesday since it is the next day I would have off.  According to the reports it looked like it was going to be nice in size around high tide in the morning and I made a plan to lose a little sleep and make it down there.  It actually was nice and pretty warm for the day following a rainy day in Southern California.  The only thing that disappointed me was that the surfers seem to just be coasting on the waves and not really carving or performing aerials and other maneuvers.  Here are a few of my images captured today.




     To see more of my surf images from today check out the Huntington Beach Surfing, CA (01/24/12) gallery on my smugmug site.

No comments:

Post a Comment